Yayasan Al-Khatiri Multi Purpose Hall,
Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
23 – 27 March 2017
Joint Organisers: Persatuan Catur Negeri Kelantan (PCNK) & Malaysian Chess Federation (MCF)
The Malaysian Chess Championship is scheduled from 23rd March to 27th March 2017 at Yayasan Al Khatiri Multi Purpose Hall, Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Each State is allowed to send 2 Official Players (fulfilling min national rating /FIDE rating criteria) and 4 Wild Card Players (need not fulfil rating criteria) which is treated as Extra State Player for both Men and Women Category. Each State can also send as many Extra State players as long as they fulfil the rating criteria.
The criteria for Official Player and Extra State Players (except Wild Card Player) as follows:-
- Men Qualification : A minimum rating level of either NR 1650 OR FIDE 1800
- Women Qualification : A minimum rating level of either NR 1400 OR FIDE 1550
Cash RM1,000 + Gold Medal
Cash RM1,000.00 + Gold Medal
|2nd||Cash RM600.00 + Silver Medal||Cash RM600.00 + Silver Medal|
|3rd||Cash RM400.00 + Bronze Medal||Cash RM400.00 + Bronze Medal|
|4th – 10th||Medal||Medal|
- The top 10 players shall receive certificates of achievements.
- All players shall receive certificates of participation.
|Day / Date||Time||Item|
22nd March 2017
23rd March 2017
24th March 2017
25th March 2017
26th March 2017
27th March 2017
Players who have not been confirmed participation by their respective States and be present during the Players Meeting on 22nd March 2017 at 21:00 shall not be paired for the first round.
- The tournament will be played according to the Swiss System in 9 rounds.
- The Rate of play shall be according to FIDE regulations 90 minutes with an increment of 30 seconds permove starting from move 1. (All moves must be recorded at all times)
- FIDE rules and regulations for Standard Chess applies.
Yayasan Al-Khatiri Multi Purpose Hall, Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
|PCNK Secretariat:||MCF Secretariat:|
|Nik Mohd Azrihan Abdul Ghafar
Haslindah Ruslan (Treasurer)
For accommodation inquiries kindly liaise with Norazlin Juarih H/P: 017-9674737
Recommended Hotel: Al Khatiri Hotel, Kota Bharu, Kelantan